Miami Valley’s most influential women—as named February 2011 by Women in Business Networking as the Top 25 Women to Watch—will be honored during an awards ceremony and gala this Saturday, March 10. The Oscars-themed event will take place starting at 6:30 p.m., Dayton Country Club, 555 Kramer Avenue, Oakwood, Ohio.
Entering its fourth year, WiBN’s Top 25 Women to Watch program recognizes women from a notable list of candidates. This includes women who are exceptional in their roles, respected in their field, and causing more than a ripple in the public arena and in their communities. The ‘watchables’ are influential women who stand out for leadership, community service, and professional achievements.
“There are now 100 remarkable women on WiBN’s ‘watchable’ list, including the new group of 25 (named February 10, 2012). Many of these individuals will be attending the 2011 awards ceremony. WiBN is known for building relationships so women will achieve career and personal success through education, resources, and recognition”, says Jeanne Porter, WiBN founder and president.
Sponsors for the 2011 Top 25 Women to Watch gala are Deck the Walls, Kettering, and Windward Design Group LLC, Dayton/Eaton. Celebrity MC for the event is Michelle Kingsfield, WDTN-TV. Photography is being provided by Easterling Studios, Dayton. Live entertainment is planned for the evening.
- Debbie Agnew, Owner, Bella Garden Florals
- Shondale Atkinson, CEO and Founder, The Mustard Seed Foundation
- Regina Bier, Detective, Kettering Police Department / Scuba Program Coordinator, Adjunct Faculty Wright State University
- Molly Bordonaro Hall, School Secretary, Fairborn Digital Academy
- Sarah Carter, Principal, Pickrel, Schaeffer & Ebeling
- Melissa Cutcher, Director of Business Development, Better Business Bureau
- Shana Douglas, Global Marketing Digital Brand Strategist, La Senza
- Amy Gantt, Owner, Lula Bell Designs
- Lyn Hogrefe, Executive Director, Happy Hormone Cottage
- Barbara Johnson, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Miami Valley Hospital
- Iris Juergens, Development Director, St. Vincent DePaul
- Michelle Kaye, Vice President & Community Relations Director, PNC Bank
- Yvette Kelly-Fields, Executive Director, updayton / Owner and President, FundSource
- Katrina Kittle, Author
- Elizabeth Lenon Van Dine, Founder, Dayton Love 146
- Jennifer Mason Andrade, Owner, Luv Bug Pet Nanny
- April Mescher, Vice President of National Accounts, Excellence In Motivation
- Cheryl Oliver, Executive Director, Oasis House
- Beth Redden, Legacy Partnership Development Officer, The Dayton Foundation
- Marta Rey, Owner/President, Marta Rey European Skin Care
- Jennifer Reitz, Voice Pathologist, The Blaine Block Institute
- Susan Sparks, Chief Business Development Officer, American Red Cross
- Sasha VanDeGrift, Litigation Associate, Coolidge Wall
- Marcia Venus, Owner/Principal, Venus Leadership
- Teresa Zumwald, Owner/President, Zumwald & Company
About Women in Business Networking (WiBN)
WiBN—the leading organization for women in business—provides forums for building relationships so women will achieve career and personal success through education, resources, and recognition. WiBN’s circle of influence and frequent programs have reached more than 1,500 women living and working in the Greater Dayton, Ohio, region. Women from all walks of life participate in WiBN: leaders and employees of corporate, nonprofit and community organizations; entrepreneurs and small-business owners; and women in career transition. Founded in 2008, WiBN currently offers ten programs:
- a weekly e-newsletter, Monday Morning Moments;
- a weekly club of Toastmasters International, Downtown Morning Toasters;
- a monthly Lunch N Learn with a featured speaker;
- a monthly “Hot Topic” Koffee Talk with a facilitator;
- monthly roundtables for small-business owners, Entrepreneur Groups;
- a bimonthly social event, After5 Business Showcase, at a local venue;
- a quarterly Leadership Series workshop, Winstitute;
- an annual 25 Women to Watch recognition program;
- an annual, daylong professional development conference; and
- an annual, optional membership for event and member-to-member discounts, Status +Plus.