Thurgood Marshall Law Society and Dayton and Montgomery County Black Elected Officials will sponsor the next in a series of community forums titled “Moving From Words to Action”. The forum, “Reducing Inequality and Disparate Impact in the Justice System From A to Z” will take place on Thursday, June 4, 2015 from 5:30 p.m. to 8: 30 p.m at Central State University-Dayton Campus, 840 Germantown Street, Dayton.
The June 4th forum will address inequalities and disparate impact in our justice system including, but not limited to, policing, grand juries, indictments, prosecutorial discretion, plea bargaining, jury selection, verdicts, sentencing, and re-entry.
The Moving From Words to Action forum is free and open to all community members. Sylvia Brown, Ohio State Bar Association Director of Bar Services and former Executive Director for the Ohio Legislative Black Caucus, will moderate the forum. For more information, please contact Robert L. Gresham at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 425-6330.
1. David Singleton, Assistant Professor of Law Director of
the Constitutional Litigation Clinic at Northern Kentucky
University Chase College of Law and Executive Director
of Ohio Justice and Policy Center
2. Hon. Dierdre Logan, Dayton Municipal Court Judge.
3. Hon. Steve Dankof, Montgomery County Common Pleas
4. Rudy Wehner, Montgomery County Public Defender
5. Cheryll Bennett, Assistant United States Federal Public Defender
6. Leon Daidone, Montgomery County Prosecutor Criminal Division Chief
7. Richard Biehl, City of Dayton Director and Chief of Police
8. Gerald Parker, Former Montgomery County Assistant Prosecutor
9. Amy Piner, Montgomery County Office of Ex-Offender Reentry
Please RSVP to the Facebook Event Invite and view for additional information.