Free eats, pop-up arts performances, tech demos at new Launch Dayton Startup Week closing party
Free festival celebrating Dayton artists, food business owners, and innovators happening this week!
Pop-up arts performances in the beautiful, historic Dayton Arcade Rotunda. Small plates from up-and-coming food businesses. Interactive tech demos from local startup companies.
And it’s FREE!
Join in the fun frrom 5-7pm on Thursday, September 15th for the art. food. tech. fest!, a new closing party for Launch Dayton Startup Week, made possible through generous support from Culture Works.
Aerialists will spin through the air as you groove to a live jam band and find your new favorite small business to support. Eats are free until we run out! Continue your evening in Dayton by popping over to the free concert at the Levitt after the party, then make your way back to the Tank for Culture Works’ After the Levitt.
See + hear:
- Live jam band lead by Isicle featuring Jared Bruns on drums, Matt Goodloe on guitar, Kainan Shank on bass, and Serin Oh on the mic.
- Spoken word poetry from Leroy Bean
- Live painting by Boy Blue
- Aerial artists from Femme Fatale Dayton
- Dance performances from Dayton Dance Initiative’s Quentin ApolloVaughn Sledge
Enjoy delicious small plates, including:
- A bbq spread from Rich Taste Catering
- Melt-in-your mouth rum cakes from The Scrumptious Dessert
- Handheld cheesecakes from Cheezcake Lab
- Pecan chicken + sweet potato waffles from Home Cooked Vibes
- Smoked mushroom spinach dip bruschetta with mint pico from VeganItIz Eats
- Mini French Quarter Seafood loaded potatoes from Simply Savory by Rachel
+ tech demos from:
- Gem City Laser
- Frame Push
- Urban Mathoholics
The Contemporary Dayton (The Co) will open 5p.m. – 7p.m. for a sneak peak at their new exhibition featuring new solo exhibitions from the work of Teju Cole, photographer, curator, Gore Vidal Professor of the Practice of Creative Writing at Harvard, and former photography critic of The New York Times Magazine; Amy Powell, nationally published Dayton-based photographer; and James “Jamie” Nares, British and New York City-based filmmaker. The exhibitions will open the evening of Friday, September 16, 2022, with an Artist Talk by Teju Cole.
Small business owner yourself? Don’t forget to check out the conference itself, as well as the closing party! Launch Dayton Startup Week presented by Fifth Third Bank brings together nearly 1K entrepreneurs, small business owners, startup founders, and business resource providers. Be inspired by the stories of failure and success, and build your own business through hands-on workshops and classes. All for FREE! Check out the full lineup: https://launchdayton.com/events/dayton-startup-week/
About Launch Dayton Startup Week:
Launch Dayton Startup Week is the Dayton, Ohio entrepreneur community’s largest event, drawing roughly 1K attendees each September to celebrate, inspire and equip the Dayton region’s startup founders & business owners. This free conference brings together the region’s thinkers, dreamers, doers, makers, entrepreneurs and small business owners. All experiences are welcome — whether a seasoned entrepreneur or new to the community, there is space to jump in.