The Ohio Renaissance Festival welcomes you to their village with over 150 costumed characters! Rub elbows with Royalty as you cheer your favorite knight to victory in the thrilling Full-armored Tournament Joust. Enjoy a festive day in the village surrounded by dueling swordsmen, rowdy pirates, nobles, peasants, and daring jugglers.
The sprawling landscape is dotted with hundreds of unique shops in the Medieval Marketplace featuring many one-of-a-kind, hand-crafted items. See time-honored crafts of glassblowing, stone carving, blacksmithing, leather tooling, boot making, and more demonstrated.
The air is filled with the scents and smells of the foods of the Renaissance period. Feast like Royalty on juicy, giant roasted turkey legs, fresh baked bread bowls overflowing with soups and stews, fish ‘n chips, steak-on-a-stake, succulent roasted corn on the cob and a wide variety of the finest ales and wines. There’s something for everyone’s taste buds!
Visitors of all ages will be amused by the games of skill and human-powered rides. Try your hand at archery and see if you’re a modern-day Robin Hood, or climb the castle tower and rescue the lovely damsel in distress.
25 Things Not to Miss
- Jousting – The original “heavy metal” done thrice daily.
- Queen Elizabeth – Meet Her Majesty as she wanders through the village.
- Pirate Ship – See the impressive ship during the Pirate Comedy Stunt Show twice daily.
- Villagers – Willy Nilly wouldn’t exist without the interesting characters that call it home. Meet them in the lanes as you trek around the village.
- Music – Enjoy the sounds of village musicians scattered throughout the realm.
- Bread Bowls – Delicious soups and stews served in bowls of bread.
- Turkey Legs – Succulent roasted turkey legs weighing in at 2 pounds each!
- Steak-on-a-Stake – Juicy, seasoned cut of steak cooked to perfection and served on a stick for easy eating on the go.
- Rides – Children of all ages will enjoy the thrilling human-powered rides.
- Games – Test your skill at the many games in the Gaming Area.
- The Swordsmen – Enjoy this duo’s quick wit and even quicker swordplay while teaching you how to become a “Master of the Manly Arts”.
- The Mudde Show – Don’t miss literary classics performed in the Olympic-sized Muditorium, where comedy meets Earth!
- Kamikaze Fireflies – Enjoy a constant series of jaw-dropping tricks, audience interaction, and hilarity.
- Shopping – Browse over 140 shops with unique, handmade wares with flare! Clothing, jewelry, home décor, candles, artwork, shoes/boots, leather products, and so much more.
- Collectable Mugs – Every year is different! What will it look like this year?
- Closing Gate Ceremony – At the end of each day the villagers come together to give you a serenade, thanking you for visiting the shire and well wishes for your journey home.
- Family Fun – There is something for all ages at the Ohio Renaissance Festival!
- Highland Games – Traditional Highland games are held during Highland Weekend that you can participate in!
- Amazing Maze – See if you can find your way through the maze but don’t be lead astray!
- Tower of London Dungeon of Doom – Tour the historical displays of punishment from the 16th Century.
- Queen’s Bloomers – Treat someone special to the gift of a beautiful, fresh rose from a rose walker in the lanes or the booth.
- Pub Sing – Stop by the end of the day “Huzzah!” at the Aleing Knight Pub. You never know what might happen!
- War Horse Rides – Don’t miss your chance to ride a knight’s horse around the lyst.
- Parade – Every day at noon the villagers and merchants come together to parade around the realm in honor of Her Majesty visiting their village.
- Knighting Ceremony – Become a Knight or Dame, Prince or Princess, as Her Majesty bequeaths title on all in attendance.
Load up the car and bring the whole neighborhood! Adults are two for the price of one AND all kids 12 and under get in free this opening weekend. Request “two for one” at the Box Office to receive Royal savings Saturday, Sunday, and Labor Day!
General Admission Tickets
Adult (ages 13+) – $18.95, a $3 savings off of the gate price!
Child (ages 5-12) – $8.95, a $1 savings off of the gate price!
Season Pass – Available through August 30, 2014 – Enjoy admission every festival day for only $125!
The Ohio Renaissance Festival is easily accessible located just minutes off of I-71 or I-75 on State Route 73 in Harveysburg, Ohio.