This quote from comedian Todd Yohn (and video below) is about to describe downtown Dayton as our federal stimulus money funds the final phase of the $3 million “Gateway Project.” Work is projected to begin this Thursday on Main Street and will continue through November. The following streets are set to be under construction:
• South Main Street, from Sixth to Washington;
• First Street, from I-75 to Main;
• Monument Avenue, from I-75 to Ludlow and from Jefferson to St. Clair;
• Patterson Boulevard, from Monument to the Riverside Bridge;
• Perry Street, from Monument to Sixth;
• Sixth Street, from Main to Wilkinson;
• Third Street, from I-75 to Webster; and
• Wilkinson Street, from Monument to Sixth.
Expect lane closures and plenty of those “Orange Barrels” as you cruise through downtown!