The Dayton Bar Association’s ReTrial Podcast decodes legal history that happened in Dayton, Ohio. These cases, lawyers and stories set the stage for present-day learning across our nation. Hosted by trial attorney & historian, David Greer Esq., partner, Bieser Greer & Landis LLP and The Honorable Judge Gerald Parker of the Montgomery County Common Pleas Court.
The pilot season consists of six episodes, 40-50 minutes in length and available on YouTube, Spotify, Apple or retrialpodcast.com. See airing dates and episode details below:
● February 9, 2023: Episode 1 School Desegregation Case that lasted from 1972 to 1975, reviewing both sides of the case, their strategy and ultimately the decision that impacts our present-day realities.
● February 23, 2023: Episode 2 Rikes versus Beerman The antitrust case between department store giants, Rikes and Beerman, how they left downtown Dayton for the suburbs and ultimately disappeared.
● March 9, 2023: Episode 3 John McMahon Many call him the greatest lawyer in Dayton’s history. His 69-years of active practice started in 1852.
● March 23, 2023: Episode 4 Herb Eikenbary Get to know the Ringmaster of Dayton and one of the most memorable lawyers who died in 1974, leaving behind a fund for struggling young lawyers.
● April 6, 2023: Episode 5 Moses Jones Dayton’s first black attorney in the year 1900.
● April 20, 2023: Episode 6 Roy Freeman Almost 100 years ago, Roy, a black man was charged with killing a Dayton policeman in 1927.
This Dayton Bar Association and Dayton Bar Foundation project was funded in part by a grant from the Dayton Legal Heritage Foundation of The Dayton Foundation and by a grant from Jack W. and Sally D. Eichelberger Foundation of The Dayton Foundation.
Watch or listen to full-length episodes at www.retrialpodcast.com and view the YouTube Trailer here.