Here’s your chance to join the Oregon District’s Holiday Candlelight tour on December 8, 9, 10. A liveried guide will escort you as you tour beautifully decorated historic homes, artfully decorated for the holidays. The last home on the tour will offer you Victorian Sweets, Champagne Punch and Coffee. The tours will begin at 6:30 pm, 7:00 pm, 7:30 pm and 8:00 pm each evening.
You may choose the tour alone for $25 or choose the dinner/tour for $50. The 5:30 restaurant seating will allow you to join the 7:00 pm tour. The 6:30 restaurant seating will allow you to join the 8:00 pm tour.
Four of the District’s finest restaurants are participating in a dinner/tour option. Here are the dinner menu options:
THREE COURSE MENU:
First Course: Stromboli
Second Course: Mixed green salad
Third Course – Your choice of:
• Chicken Thighs cooked under a brick
• Pork Shoulder braised with white wine, tomato and olives
• Green Lasagne with cheese and tomato
• Any hot and tasty 9” hand-tossed Pizza!
Accompanied by a glass of draft beer or a glass of wine.
STARTERS (Choose One)
• Chef’s selection of deviled eggs
• Smoked trout with jicama, daikon radish, and honeycrisp apples tossed in miso vinaigrette
• Raw shaved kale salad with pomegranate vinaigrette, dried cranberries, oranges, roasted beets, pepitas, and blue cheese crumbles
ENTREE CHOICES (Choose One)
• Local grilled chicken over tasso ham red beans and cajun dirty rice
• House meatloaf with herbed chicken gravy, mashed potatoes, and braised red cabbage
• Baked red trout with cornbread crab stuffing and sweet potato hash drizzled with remoulade
• Slow simmered butterbeans with root vegetables, steamed greens and brown rice
DESSERTS (Choose One)
• Flourless dark chocolate torte
• Seasonal dessert special
WINE & BEER
• Ask about tonight’s selections
• Spiced Bourbon Salmon – Blackened salmon over horseradish mashed potatoes and sweet potato puree
• Fried Shrimp – Served with your choice of side dish
• Stuffed Chicken Breast – Mozzarella and basil stuffed chicken served over pasta with tomato basil marinara
• Greek Style Swordfish – Baked with tomato, garlic, lemon and basil served on seasoned spinach with feta cheese
• Salmon en Croute – Fresh salmon and mushrooms wrapped in puff pastry, served with lobster sauce and your choice of side dish
• Fish Tacos – Seared fish in grilled soft tortillas with cabbage, pico de gallo, spiced lime sour cream and cilantro, served with choice of side
All entrees include a tossed field green salad with your choice of dressing and a glass of house wine or domestic beer.
APPETIZER CHOICES (Choose One)
• The Salar Salad – Spring mix salad greens, roasted golden beets, roasted red peppers with smoked onion vinaigrette
• Chicken Chicharrones – Chicken thigh strips marinated and deep fried,served with a lime, cilantro, yellow Peruvian chili pepper sauce
• Peruvian Empanadas – Juicy stir fried beef tenderloin and Peruvian spices wrapped in turnovers
ENTREE CHOICES (Choose One)
• Pork Filet Mignon – Grilled pork filet mignon topped with a purple corn,rehydrated cherry, new age wine sauce served on a bed of roasted cabbage and mashed potatoes
• Sole Filet – Golden broiled sole filet topped with a parmesan, sweet yellow onion creamy crust over champagne sauce accompanied by sauteed spinach and mashed potatoes
• White Bean Vegan Scallops – Puréed white beans with coriander and onions,served with sofrito on a bed of sautéed spinach, topped with a smoked onion vinaigrette
• Chicken Skewers – Marinated chicken breast skewers in panca chilies, grilled and served on a bed of lima bean puree, mashed potatoes and chimichurri sauce
• Tres Leches – Soft vanilla cake with peach liqueur and sweetened milks
All entrees include a glass of house wine.
- Please make advance reservations by calling 224-1554
- Then to confirm your reservation, please print & fill out RESERVATION FORM with payment and mail to: OHDS, 33 HESS ST, DAYTON, OH 45402
- The form & payment must be received by DECEMBER 3RD.
Tickets will be sent to you by return mail. Tickets must be brought with you the evening of the tour for admission to the homes.
Donna Lee Bell says
Date night, Johnathon Bell? and we can go to Lilly’s if we do the dinner option…..I think $100 is worth it, you?