Dayton History is kicking off the Holiday season with an extra “ordinary” celebration! Join us for the 18th Annual Ringing in the Holidays located at Carillon Historical Park.
- Enjoy an array of martinis, select beers, wines, coffees, and more
- Indulge in delicious hors d’oeuvres
- Meet local artist Nathan Musser
- Live Entertainment by the Lizz & Rex Review featuring Elizabeth Hayes
- “Dayton’s Most Delightful Dessert Contest” featuring 6 local chefs
- Tour the Heritage Center of Manufacturing and Entrepreneurship
- Enter our Winter Get-Away Raffle
- Participate in our Silent Auction
The following is a list of participants in the “Dayton’s Most Delightful Dessert Contest”:
- The Brick House Café & Catering: Carrot Cake Two layers of spiced carrot cake with sweetened cream cheese icing topped with crunchy walnuts.
- The Cakery – Lemon Cake with Key Lime FillingA light tropical lemon cake with a light and fluffy key lime mousse filling, topped with their famous buttercream icing.
- Culp’s Café – Whoopie PieDevil’s food cake with three different fillings: Culp’s caramel icing, traditional marshmallow & holiday candy cane.
- Maria Joseph Nursing & Rehab Center – Apple Crème Caramel Brandy Snap A crunchy brandy snap filled with creamy confection,
- served with apple and caramel.
- Olive Urban Dive – Chocolate, Earl Grey Mousse Cake with Bourbon Chocolate Sauce Black Earl Grey tea infused mousse served on buttermilk, chocolate sponge cake with bourbon chocolate sauce.
- Taste/Delizioso Sweet Potato Praline Pie – A delicious sweet potato pie baked in a pecan rolled crust topped with a warm praline sauce, made with the finest gourmet ingredients. A Southern favorite!
- Sweet Nothings – Chocolate Gingerbread Layer Cake with Sea Salt Toffee Filling Moist gingerbread cake with Sweet Nothings’ sea salt toffee bits and whipped cream cheese frosting
- Coffee Bar PRESS Press is a specialty shop that focuses on the preparation and service of a good cup of coffee! They feature multiple roasters from across the country, which are prepared using various brewing methods such as the French Press, Pour Over, and more!
Ticket prices are $60 per Dayton History member and $75 per non-member. To purchase tickets go to www.daytonhistory.org or visit our Museum Store at
Carillon Historical Park.
Dayton History is Montgomery County’s official historical organization. The organization boasts multiple campuses in the greater Dayton, Ohio area: Carillon Historical Park, Hawthorn Hill, the Paul Laurence Dunbar State Memorial, the Patterson Homestead, the Old Court House, Memorial Hall and the Archive Center. Dayton History brings the past to life to understand the present and inspire the future by collecting, preserving, interpreting, presenting, and promoting the region’s past.
Dayton Most Metro Ticket Contest
We have a pair of tickets to give away to Dayton History’s Ringing In The Holidays event ($150 value) to a lucky reader! Just fill out the form below, and help us get the word out to others by leaving a comment saying that YOU want to win tickets. We’ll draw a lucky winner on Thursday November 15th – GOOD LUCK!
Congratulations to Rebecca Hughes Johnson!