SO YOU THINK YOU CAN PLAY THE SCHUSTER
August 10 & 11, 2013
Schuster Center- Mathile Theatre
Saturday – 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Sunday – 12-4 p.m.
HOW TO AUDITION:
Groups and individuals interested in auditioning may call (937) 461-8583 or email email@example.com to reserve a time slot at one of the live auditions. A registration form must be submitted at time of reservation.
Click here for the audition registration form (PDF).
After both auditions, the top 20 (selected by VTA staff) will be posted for limited-time online vote. The 15 finalists for SO YOU THINK YOU CAN PLAY THE SCHUSTER will come together to perform on the Schuster Center’s Mead Theatre stage on Sunday, September 29 for our competition judges and a live audience! First place receives a cash prize of $1,000; second place receives $500; and third place receives $250!
- Any individual/group may audition at one of the two live auditions. All ages are welcome. All talents are welcome, but must be family-friendly. Video or audio auditions are not acceptable.
- All individuals/groups must sign a photo/video release to participate. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian present to sign release and participate.
- Microphones are NOT available at the auditions.
- Each group must be able to set up any equipment, props, or other necessities in 90 seconds. Likewise, each group must be able to strike any equipment, props or other necessities in 90 seconds.
- Each performance may only last up to 2 minutes. If a group goes over time, they will be stopped by an official timekeeper.
- Each group agrees that their performance will not endanger members of their own group, or groups that follow, by: 1) allowing liquids to be spilled on the stage area; 2) using confetti, glitter or any other material tossed on the stage floor in their act; and 3) involving members of the audience as volunteers unless cleared with VTA staff.
- Costumes are encouraged if appropriate.
- Pre-recorded music, edited for the group to use in the act, must be given to the VTA on a CD with the appropriate track number indicated. The VTA technical staff will not be responsible for fading or cutting out music.
- Special considerations/accommodations will be given to bands that need extra time to set up instruments, and dance groups that need special flooring.
- Although we appreciate that your pets have talents, too, animal acts are not permitted.
- By checking the box on the registration form, you authorize Victoria Theatre Association to take pictures and/or videos of you (or your child), and all individuals in your group including those under 18 years of age, and to use the photos or videos as necessary for both internal and external purposes. By agreeing to this release, you understand you will receive no form of compensation for pictures or videos of you or your child used by Victoria Theatre Association.
– See more at: http://www.victoriatheatre.com/shows/sytycpts-auditions/#sthash.5j4cZIlp.dpuf
Leave a Reply