A number of related events and programs are planned in conjunction with the special exhibition, including a Trivia Night at The DAI hosted by Dana Sintell of The Rubi Girls! Scheduled programs include:
- Trivia Night, July 13, 6:30–9 p.m.
- ARTventures: Clay Portraiture, July 14, 1–3 p.m.
- Curatorial Conversations: Exhibition Tour, July 19, 6–7 p.m.
- ARTventures: Celebrating Celebrities, July 28, 1–3 p.m.
- Teen/Adult Studio: Charcoal Portraiture, July 29, 1–2 p.m.
- Talk: What’s in a Portrait? The Art of Photography and Portraiture, August 4, 1–2 p.m.
- The Language of Art, August 8 & August 11, noon–2 p.m.
- ARTventures: Creative Collages, August 25, 1–3 p.m.
- Behind the Scenes Talk: Yousuf Karsh and Jane Reece, September 6, 4–5 p.m.
For more about Yousuf Karsh: American Portraits and Jane Reece Photographs, as well as related programs, visit www.daytonartinstitute.org/americanportraits.
Admission to Yousuf Karsh: American Portraits is free for museum members. Non-member admission is $14 adults; $11 seniors (60+), students (18+ w/ID), active military and groups (10 or more); $6 youth (ages 7-17); and free for children (ages 6 & under). Prices include admission to Yousuf Karsh: American Portraits and Jane Reece Photographs, as well as the museum’s collection galleries. As a special thank you to the community, admission to the exhibition will be free to all on the first four Sundays in July: July 1, 8, 15 & 22.