A program of the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce, Generation Dayton encourages talented young professionals who live and work in the Dayton region to meet, network, learn, grow and establish themselves as integral components in the future success of the region. Each month we’ll introduce you to one of their members with a spotlight interview. So meet our second:
- Name: Andy Hickey
Organization: Technology First
Community Involvement (groups, clubs, boards, etc.):
- Member of APUFRAM International
Linden Heights Community Council
St. Anthony Parish Council
Dayton Chamber of Commerce Workforce Oversight Committee
- Hobbies and Interests: My kids, my kids and my kids
- Favorite Area Eatery: Voltzy’s!!!
- Favorite Weekend Activity: Visiting a 5 River MetroPark
- What do you love about Dayton? It is the biggest small-town in America
- How has Generation Dayton aided your professional, personal and/or social development?
- I got to meet Lisa Henderson and a lot of other fantastic people that I will be working with for the next 30 years, many of those people have become friends.
- Tell us a little more about your profession and company…
- We are a regional trade association doing economic development for IT users and providers. I meet with members and sponsors, edit our newspaper, and program our luncheons and conferences.
- What do you enjoy about your career/profession? Employer?
- I greatly enjoy learning from the brilliant people in a fast-changing industry.
- Favorite quote or inspiratonal saying: “Excel or Die!”
- Click here to view past featured professionals.