Ladies and gentleman, boys & girls, children of all ages, this Friday evening marks the first ever Sons of Italy Food Truck Rally !
Bella Villa Hall is the place to be, as 15 Food Trucks plus a huge beer truck, will descend upon the Italian lodge on County Line Rd, to kick off The Bocce Classic / Garlic Fest Weekend. This promises to be a great chance for you and your family and friends to experience a Food Adventure, and even toss a bocce ball !
Dayton Most Metro, Sons of Italy and Food Adventures have the inside scoop on who will be there. How? Because we have put together one helluva lineup, as good as the All Star Game. Oh …and there are beer trucks as well.
HERE’S THE SKINNY:
— THE SONS OF ITALY FOOD TRUCK RALLY is FRIDAY JULY 17th from 5PM – 9PM
— The event will take place at 2625 COUNTY LINE RD, BEAVERCREEK, OH 45430 (The same place where the Italian Fall Festa takes place)
— There will be BEER TRUCKS from 5-9pm as well!
— Acoustic Guitar entertainment from local musician, DENNIS CHRISMAN
— 15 FOOD TRUCKS WILL BE ON HAND ! See below for a full list of food trucks and must eats !
***** LIST OF FOOD TRUCKS AND MUST EATS ****
We have compiled some of the best, rarest, and tastiest trucks in the Dayton area to bring you a variety of deliciousness. Some trucks plan to feature, special garlic inspired menu items !
The food trucks attending the Sons of Italy Food Truck Rally in reverse alphabetical order, just to be different…
1) ZOMBIE DOGZ: A Dayton original and local favorite! Try their “Grande Zombe” or their “Juan of the Dead” dog. They will bring tears to your eyes, they are so delicious. Get in line early, they are worth it, and the crowd knows it. Huge dogs, good prices and toppings that will blow your mind. Prepare your taste buds to get zombified, because they may feature a garlic dog of some sort! This is Hungry Jax’s favorite food truck, hands down.
2) THE WICKED ‘WICH OF DAYTON: Fairly new food truck that started in March, 2015 and the buzz is they have good stuff. Not much is known about this truck yet, my pretty… But from the looks of their Facebook pics, the turkey, roast beef, ham sandwiches etc, have a local flair. We are looking for some great eats from them this Friday.
3) TAQUERIA MIXTECA: Brand new truck on the scene bringing the famous, authentic tastes of Mexico. If you have not tried their food, it is distinctively different than any other Mexican food around. This is street food you would find in Mexico City. Holy cow, this will be a good match with a brew from the beer trucks! Our MUST EAT– try any of their tacos, and experience an International event of cilantro, beef and onion.
4) SONS OF ITALY’S HOLY CANNOLI BOOTH: Not a truck, this booth has one item.. CANNOLI ! The “holy cannoli” is a deep fried cannoli. It is like bigfoot, it has rarely been seen. This masterpiece is brought to you by the local Sons of Italy chapter. If you are dieting, just have a regular cannoli, those will be available too.
5) SWEET P’S HANDMADE ICE POPS: Dark Chocolate Garlic Ice Pops? Answer: oh yeah ! Taste tested and customer approved, these special pops are sure to go fast! If you want to wuss out, then try the “Nanna Cream” or “Sea Salted Caramel” pops. Enjoy the luxurious tastes!
6) THE PAINTED PEPPER: One of The Big Ragu’s favorite trucks, this place makes a mean quesadilla. Our big “must eat,” however is their wings. Who knows what these cooks have in mind garlic-wise. We are sure they will spice things up for the food truck rally!
7) MOHAWK FREESTYLE GRILL: Chef Aaron will unleash his Asian influenced “Garlic street rolls.” Will he have his mouth watering burgers as well? We think you can bet on it, so make sure you grab one !
8) LADDER 11 STREATERY: Jimmie’s Ladder 11 has some of the best menu items in Dayton. We love their burgers and Tom Turkey sandwich. the biggest must eat is their Ladder 11 sandwich. As of last night, they were still working on a top secret garlic infused menu. Stay tuned for the creative talents of the Ladder 11 family!
9) KOWALKSI HOTS: Simple hot dogs, that pop when you bite them. Called red hots or white hots, they are Upstate New York brands like Hoffmans, Zweigels and more. You can’t find these anywhere else except upstate New York…. That is until now. Get them coney style or with authentic Hoffman’s mustard form Syracuse. Must eats are a Zweigels Red Hot with coney sauce and a Hoffmans White hot, with Hoffman’s mustard sauce.
10) HUNGER PAYNES: The king of the local croquette, Andrew Payne has promised his Buckeye Chips will be at the rally. We can’t wait to see his spin on garlic, or his old originals like the MUST EAT salmon croquettes and the Peanut Butter and Jelly balls.
11) THE HORSELESS BUGGY EATERY: Is it the fish tacos or the onion straw burger that melted our hearts. Or was it the Philly Cheesesteak? All are MUST EATS from these guys and are prepared to order, fresh..
12) THE HAMBURGER WAGON: The double burgers are the MUST EAT here. For over a century, the burgers have remain unchanged… will they doctor them up with garlic for the rally or will they stick with the legend between 2 buns? Come find out ! We hope they mess with the century old recipe!
13) GO CUPCAKE: One of Dayton’s dessert faves, she will be bringing her creations to Bella Villa Hall. Please try her inventive and addicting treats. The MUST EAT is the peanut butter cup cupcake. A work of art for the eyes and the tummy. Indulge, go cupcake, it’s your burfday !
14) FRONANA: This new business uses all natural, frozen treat using flavored bananas. The result is some of the best tasting, guilt free stuff in the USA. Try the chocolate, our MUST EAT, and see if you don’t dance like Elvis eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Just look for the guy in the bow ties scooping the tastes.
15) BELLA SORELLA PIZZA: We are so excited to have this company at the rally. The dough and ingredients are so fresh, Bella Sorella is some of the best pizza in the state. The Italian club is the perfect backdrop for this pizza pie, straight from the authentic, on site Italian style oven. We can almost smell the basil, tomatoes and … GARLIC!
What an incredible variety of fantastic Dayton foods. What a collection of tastes ! DON’T MISS OUT !
Take some time Friday night and visit the SONS OF ITALY FOOD TRUCK RALLY. Taste all the flavors within a few steps of each other. There will be plenty of parking on site, and it promises to be a fun, laid back atmosphere. The Food Adventures Crew of Hungry Jax, TheBig Ragu and Chef House are proud to be partners of the weekend festivities. You can even play bocce ball on the open courts for$10 an hour !
**NOTE: Keep in mind Saturday July 18th will be the Bocce Classic, and Sunday July 19th will be the full blown GARLIC FEST, featuring food vendors, beer trucks and THE MENUS will be performing a FREE concert!
Enjoy some more food photos below from the various Food Trucks coming to the Sons of Italy rally. Come hungry, leave full !