Atlantic City style subs that would make Snooki proud and Pizza loved by many locals. This is today’s Milano’s. But, Dayton Originals like THE FOOD ADVENTURES CREW remember when there was only one Milano’s on Brown Street. Purists will tell you, the subs tasted better then, because the old ovens were ‘seasoned’ from years of spices burnt into the baking area. Whether you love the “old school, dirty Milano’s”, or the “clean, modern Milano’s”, you can’t deny that this is one of the most popular eateries in the Miami Valley.
HERE’S THE SKINNY:
– Founded in 1969 by Ron Woods and partners after visiting a restaurant in Lima, Ohio named Milano’s. They loved the food so much, they opened a place in Dayton the next year and decided to name it Milano’s.
– Sold to ThreeWitt Enterprises in 2001, revamped Brown Street location in 2005. Opened 2 more restaurants in 2008 in Beavercreek and Miami Township (St Rt 741).
– All-American style menu with subs, pizza and craft beer selections
– Family Friendly with tableside games and an arcade area that kids enjoy
– Great outdoor patio dining area for enhanced fun on good weather days, and it smells better than Atlantic City.
– Calzones: A little known fact is that the calzones are great at Milano’s. Whatever ingredients you get, there is plenty of mozzarella cheese inside to cope with, so use that marinara dipping sauce.
– Atlantic City Italian Sub: Capicola, and 2 types of salami topped with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, oil, and spices. There is an option on this sub where they bake the sub and add pizza sauce. This is what makes the sandwich, so get the baked option with sauce!
– The CSP Sub: It comes with capicola, genoa salami, and provolone. It is topped with the usual lettuce, tomatoes, onions, oil, and spices. so good it will make J-Woww say “Wow.”
– Pizza: We think the sauce is tangy and tasty, so no matter what the toppings, you will have yourself a good “Situation.” The crust is made from scratch, daily. Milano’s touts the fact that they were voted favorite pizza in Dayton in 2011. Try it for yourself and let us know what you think.
– Meatball Sub: Have yourself a meatball day and dive into this saucy little number. This sub is filling, fun, a tad messy, but worth every bite.
Honorable Mention: The generous order of Garlic bread with Cheese is as big as the Trump Taj Mahal. The Cheesesteak sub is also worth a try.
Milano’s has decent side salads that go well with any main event. They also have a reasonably priced kids menu. Be warned, this place gets busy during peak lunch and dinner times.
Just in the mood for a beer? The inviting bar area always has some ‘off the wall’ choices on tap or in bottles. It is a great place to unwind with a cold one.
For the record, the Big Ragu, whose last name is Milano, has nothing to do with ownership of the restaurant. It doesn’t stop him from playing tricks on the wait staff with his I.D. from time to time. He wishes he did own it, because the food at Milano’s turns The Food Adventure Crew into a couple of Jersey teens. Please browse through our photo album below for some amazing pics from our Food Adventures to Milano’s.
If you are one of the few who hasn’t tried Milano’s, or you are new to the Dayton area, take a night and check this spot out. Go for our “must eats” and see if you enjoy their Atlantic City tastes.
Daytonians, sound off below!! Are the Milano’s subs better now or did you like the old ovens on Brown Street? Any other comments? Please share them with us!
Want to see more buns? Then “like” FOOD ADVENTURES on Facebook HERE !
[flagallery gid=38 name=Gallery]
Leave a Reply